South Bank Academies (SBA) Trust aims to be the leading provider of professional educational opportunities for young people in South London through outstanding academies and colleges, creating pathways into higher education, apprenticeships or employment.
The ethos of education in our academies is to nurture the inherent curiosity and creativity in pupils, allowing them to express themselves and be innovative in whatever career path they choose in their futures.
At SBA our curriculum structure and learning environment are designed to ensure that students take responsibility for their learning with support and mentoring from their teachers, London South Bank University (LSBU) and employer partners.
We ensure that students have freedom in their learning, allowing them to explore, research and experiment. We identify and mitigate any risks associated self-determined learning to continuously improve our innovative approach to learning and teaching.
The students and staff at our academies embrace a culture of individual as well as collective responsibility and high
We promote a clear and positive learning environment for students and workplace for staff in which staff and students are clear about their roles and responsibilities – aligned with the Trust and school strategies.
We use an effective assessment and appraisal system, with regular feedback helping to achieve continuous improvement. Staff are empowered with clear delegation of responsibility and resources that allow them to provide an outstanding learning experience for our students
We strive to do our best and excel in everything we do to achieve the best outcomes for our students. Our academies aim to be outstanding, setting high benchmarks for other to follow.
Our academies offer and outstanding learning experience to our students. An innovative curriculum, student personal development support and enrichment programs encourage our students to be creative and reach and unlock their potential.
Our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes support our staff to ensure they ae up to date with new developments, and that learning, teaching and student support are outstanding.
We are committed to creating more opportunities for young people in South London. Our schools offer high quality education accessible to the young people in our local communities. We work with LSBU and word leading employers to inspire our students to aim high in their education and careers.
To provide world class professionally focused educational opportunities with a broad curriculum and co-curricular programmes that ensure our students are ready for high education, apprenticeships or employment.
We achieve this in partnership with London South Bank University (LSBU) and the LSBU Group, employers and South London communities. We encourage innovative student led learning strategies and cutting-edge learning environments.
1. Our academies will be outstanding places of learning and personal development for young people in South London.
2. London South Bank University and employer partners will be integral to the learning and, personal and professional development of our students.
3. We will establish more schools within South London boroughs to enhance collaborative learning opportunities for our students.
4. We will offer additional certified education and training opportunities for our students in partnership with the University and industry partners to enhance career opportunities for our students.
5. We will have innovative learning environments in our academies and colleges that will promote student led learning with access to state of the art infrastructure.
6. We will be the first choice for ambitious students and high achieving staff.
7. Our students will be most preferred by universities and employers.
I really enjoy coming to UAE as everyone is friendly and we are allowed to work hard together. Sherise (Year 8 UAE)